Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Journey Begins


I decided to start a blog about my journey from a civilian craft-loving, sparkle chasing, puppy hugging girly-girl to a second Lieutenant with the US Army. *sigh*
So I guess I'll start with how my life currently is. I'm a junior at Saint Louis University. At the moment I live with my best friend, his corgis (who drive me crazy), my two kittens, and my cute as can be Chihuahua-Maltese mix puppy Athena! Can you tell I just love cute things?

Anyway, that's our home. Crowded, but full of love, always a wagging tail waiting for you to walk through the door. Let's see...I spend a LOT of my time creating craft projects.. I even sell them online at Etsy, where I have three different successful stores. I make jewelry, and wedding hairpieces, along with selling jewelry supplies.

My favorite color is pacific blue.
My favorite food is mac and cheese.
My favorite thing is Swarovski crystals.

Here I am, I just joined the ROTC Gateway Battalion. I'm on my way to becoming an officer with the US Army, and I simply cannot wait! Serving my country is in my blood. I am a first generation American, and from the time of Sept. 11, I wanted nothing more than to serve the good ol' USA. I believe I can be a strong leader for America, protect the rights we cherish, and lead our troops to victory. I want to stand up for my country, I want to show that there is still American spirit in our broken country. I am an America and I will proudly serve my country.

Today, I get issued my ACU's and PT uniforms. It's official!

No comments:

Post a Comment