Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fight


Hey guys, thanks for following, I know this is exciting haha.

Todays post isn't so inspiring, in fact it's quite depressing. I'm going to talk about me and my roommate our how we are fighting. Over the Army. He believes that me joining the Army means I'm going to "get brutally raped, whipped and murdered. All for 5 powerful men." He said me wanting to join the military is me being brainwashed and there's no cause for me to fight because it's just rich man arguing.

It makes me sosad to know thatpeople think this way about our troops, our troops aren't BRAINWASHED they WANT to serve our country, these brave men and women have given their LIVES so we can have the freedoms we have today. they FIGHT so people like my roommate won't be forced to with a draft.

Now he's texting me telling me how I'm "selling my soul and my heart" to the government. God, people can be so narrow minded. I can't even comprehend it.

People like him are the reason our troops are so looked down upon, why their funerals are boycotted, why they get no respect, and yet these loyal men adn women still fight so that way people like my roommate can have the right to say the bullshit he does.

He also said that I should never have children because I'll be incapible of ever loving anyone, and since I'll be trained in combat naturally that means I would abuse children. is this man crazy or WHAT!!??!

He thinks he can change my mind, or that I am stupid for not thinking about torture or dying. But what he is refusing to understand is that when I made the concious decision to join the US military I thought long and hard if I were willing to give my life for people like my roommate. i came up with the conclusion that yes, I'm ready to give it to my country. I am here to answer my country's call and if people like my roommate cannot comprehend that I feel so very sorry for him.

Our troops aren't just for killing and torturing people. We don't harm innocent people, or steal from them. We aren't out on our own agendas. We are here to protect the USA, we are sworn to protect our country and our fellow citizens.

What happened to the day when it was honorable to serve in the military? Why is it such a stigmata now? What's wrong with me being a woman and wanting to serve? For the love of God, this is the 21st century. Let's embrace our country, let's have pride in it once more.

I know I will continue to get asshole's opinions on the military, but nothing will change my will to be there to fight, protect, and defend my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment